I presented an argument regarding discernment, awareness and holistic evaluation that unfortunately was lacking in most people.
(btw the health aspect is at the end. Please read that)
I mentioned several items, a few of which (relevant to this blog) that I summarized below:
- Why the hell do you consider lawyers, politicians and administrators as credible people to run the country when all they know is administration when they don't know "real world" scenarios. Does being from the above mentioned profession give them more credibility over a body builder, b movie actor, wrestler et al. ?
- Can't you discern, analyze and juxtapose an individual properly separate from his presentation? A person who delivers/presents well is just that. The end result is a separate thing. It is a scientific fact that in communication delivery is 40% weight whereas content is anywhere from 19-7% weight. It is unfortunate that the general public lacks the ability to segregate presentation from content.
- Track record is just one aspect. A lot of great leaders have no track record to begin with or do have but are unrecognized. (arnold schwarzenegger, ronald reagan, et al).
- You should have the right credentials for a specific job. Ex. If you're going to hire a model, you get someone who is appropriate looking, good figure, has charisma. You DON'T get a person with a high IQ, can play the violin or speak different languages fluently. At this point I was complaining about the Bill Clinton-Lewinsky hoopla. People were making it a big deal. The person I was arguing with said "It's important because its a moral issue...". I contended, first, morals on that matter are greys, you cannot classify it as black and white. Second. Philandering is NOT a consideration for presidents. Bill Clinton is the greatest leader of the USA and I would have been happy if the Philippines had a Bill Clinton. He balanced the budget, economy was at its best. his foreign policy was unmatched.
Arnold is an argument in the making. Here are the typical evaluations of normal people (also consider ronald reagan) :
- He has a good body, body builder, athlete - ergo he's dumb.
- He's a movie actor - ergo he's dumb, what does he know about governing.
- He's not american - How can you trust american leadership to an immigrant.
Well I guess he's proved ALL OF THEM WRONG.
- Being NOT lawyer, politician et al. He doesn't act like one. He doesn't have to be polite, compromise et al. He doesn't make laws. He just executes and bring fresh new perspectives to governance... Or terminates you in the process.
- Being a Mr. Universe shows you the focus, drive and determination he has (but people don't see that).
- Being a fitness professional he knows what health is all about. (not that health care crap of Obama) (see tabata thread below).
- Being austrian he brings austrian execution and efficiency compared to the lazy, spoiled, but ingenious americans.
Green programs in California. Includes much lower emissions than the national standard, smart grids, mass use of renewable energy vehicles, solar, wind and other developmental projects, all supported by the state or given incentives by it.
And this is just one aspect. I wont go into other details of his accomplishment as governor. Go google it yourselves.
Before I ramble even further... I'd just like to mention that in a recent interview, arnold said:
The health issue is a responsibility of the citizens alone. The government is only there to provide the support system for them.
Do I hear "gyms in every barangay?"
Remember my post on TABATA below? "It is a crime NOT to do this exercise." "It should be LAW!".
This solution will cut health care costs by several magnitudes and improve the general lifestyle of many lazy, sick, medically dependent people all around the world. Not just the fat americans.
Obama. Don't you get it? Your health care bill lacks holism.
While Arnold may be unpopular because he didn't know how to balance the California budget and bankrupted the state, at least he was on the right direction and had the political will to execute. The future savings, income and livingness that will result from his policies will benefit his predecessor unfortunately